Monday, January 26, 2015

Deaf Cyclist Riding Patches

   Let me drop sone knowledge on you: Ever wonder how in what language a deaf person thinks? I came across this great article on the topic that was really interesting, I recommend it. As will happen, I coincidentally came across a post on the bicycling subreddit on Reddit about a guy who got a new patch for his bag:

"Best birthday present ever! Any other d/Deaf riders?"

   Interesting to think about experiencing a bike ride with no sound. A woman in Portland (no surprise) started a campaign and site for these patches. Bonus: The comments section is full of assholes derailing the conversation for cycling safety, car rights etc. 
   Here are some patch examples:

Deaf Cyclist


Deaf

   It's always neat to learn about another part of cycling I was unaware of. 

No comments: