Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cross Bike update - Seat tubes and more!

It turns out that this frame uses a unique seat post size: a 30.2. Most seat oversize posts are 31.8, but this one is a little smaller. I wasn't aware of this when I bought the frame, but I found this one on eBay for $19 and it should work nicely:


I would like for the seat post, stem and bars to all be the same brand, mostly for looks, but the available seat posts are kind of rare and seem to be goofy brands, so I was only able to make the seat post and stem match. This is the stem, which was $25:

This stem is for a 1-1/8" steer tube, and for a 31.8 (oversize) handlebar, which I'll be running. This is about all the weird stuff for this bike, the rest should hopefully be straightforward! (famous last words...)

No comments: